8.05.2011

it's-it

i read today that national ice cream sandwich day was this week (please note: i make it a point to educate myself on all the news worthy current events). for anyone that knows me, mint it's it ice cream, is one of my absolute favorites. if you grew up in santa barbara and attended la cumbre junior high, it's-it sandwiches are more than a tasty treat, they're nostalgic. the lengths i've gone, to be reminded of their scrumptious flavor are a little ridiculous: we've made special trips to 7-11 when on limited-time visiting friends in the bay (lei and bali, you know what i'm talking about). when i was pregnant d and i scoured the city, going to 15 (yes 1-5) locations looking for just one, to satisfy my craving (it resulted in vanilla flavor, but it was worth it!). friends have stopped by to gift a box (thank you lucia and rina) or called to tell me where they were last spotted. for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, an it's-it is mint ice cream between two soft oatmeal cookies, covered in a chocolate shell. it's a good time.

it's fiesta here in santa barbara. the whole city will be partying. you won't often find me with a drink covered in salt and seasoned with lime, but make no mistake about it, i will be indulging in my own vices. did someone say churros? but for today's treat, an it's-it. happy fiesta friday!

1 comment:

Lindsey "Lou Lou" said...

Yuummmm! I definitely have It's It memories. Have fun at Fiesta!!