4.21.2011

haute hats :: kentucky derby style

this year my birthday falls on churchill down's famous kentucky derby. my grandpa frank was an avid fan of the races. in fact one year, in honor of him, my dad placed bets on any horse in the derby my sisters and i chose. i won that year! "silver charm" was the name of my blue ribbon choice. the horse races have since held a special place in my heart. i've always wanted to go to the derby, wear a big hat and feast southern style. this year, i may make my own celebration at home...sip mint juleps under a fancy brim and put down a bill or two on my favorite thoroughbred. here are a couple of beautiful images:
Kentucky Derby 1926
Beautiful Marilyn
Mint Julep by Martha Stewart
VonUnwerth Archives
Mint Julep Panna Cotta by Leites Culinaria
Arturo Rios Etsy
Silver Charm

No comments: